Hey, is there any way to have Game Variables persist between New Games/File deletion?
E.g. If the player has beaten the game as a certain character, BrownPants, and they create a new save file or delete the file, how would I have the variable BrownPantsHasBeatGame persist even if they create a new game or delete the file where BrownPants beat the game?
  • edited December 2019
    You can use Unity's PlayerPrefs for persistent data - ORK's event system has nodes for that in Add > Value > PlayerPrefs.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • PlayerPrefs is easily manipulated and not secured, I could try and encrypt it somehow myself but is there a simpler solution?
  • Hm, I don't think so, at least not built-in.
    You could always use some custom scripting to e.g. save a file somewhere. Accessing that from ORK can either be done via a Call Function node or if you write a custom node.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2019
    Alright I'll give that a shot
    Thanks for the quick response and help!

Appreciate all the work you put into this and i'll throw your patreon a little love
    Post edited by Xavi on
  • Thanks, I appreciate that :)